Are you a PT with a passion for cycling and working with cyclists in your clinic?
Want to bring clinical BikeFit to your office, or as a side-hustle?
The Pedal PT Online Academy was created especially for YOU!
Ten years ago in 2012, I created one of the very first Bike-Centric Physical Therapy offices in the US, called Pedal PT where the office currently sees thousands of cyclists every year for a variety of orthopedic injuries, and often in combination with a rider's BikeFit.
To date, we've performed over 5K BikeFits, and currently 60% of our clients arrive to their appointments... by bike!
The Pedal PT Online Academy is a simplified, step-by-step approach to learning the ins and outs of working with cyclists and performing Bike Fit, both in clinic, a side-hustle, or for creating your very own Bike-centric Physio practice!
“The Pedal PT online learning course does an excellent job of distilling the sometimes complex process of performing a Bike Fitting into easily digestible videos for learning at your own pace.
The course covers basics of bike adjustment, how to prepare your “Fitting Studio” and also quick analysis of some of the dysfunctions/injuries you are likely to see.
This course is a great step into building your bike-fitting knowledge and confidence, and a great choice for therapists who are interested in expanding to work with more cycling clientele.”
-Tony Pletcher, PT, DPT
- - - - - - -
"The Pedal PT Academy is the absolute best!
If you are thinking about getting into BikeFitting, you need to check out this Course!
Kevin answers questions along the way, and is an amazing resource! "
Jacob Crow, ATC
Join the Bike Friendly Revolution today for only $999
Level 1: Physio Bike Fit Introduction: Background, Understanding Bike Fit in Clinic, and Getting Stared:
- Thank You and Welcome to the Pedal PT Academy
- "Bike Friendly Physical Therapy"- Keeping The Public in the Saddle
- Bike Ft Physio Tip #1: Haters Gonna Hate
- The Top 3 Myths of Bike Fitting
- The 'Learning Curve' Mindset
- Bike Fit by Physio: Wellness vs PT for Bike Fit?
- The #1 Thing to Do To Become A Better Bike Fitter
- Thoughts on Motion Capture and Bike Fitting for the Physiotherapist
- 'Pain-Free Cycling' Defined
Level 2: Fundamentals of Bike Fit for Physiotherapists: Learning abut the bicycle itself, what can be adjusted, pieces/parts, and Bike Fit equipment
- Bike Anatomy 101 + Contact points
- Physio BikeFit Studio + Equipment Essentials
- Threadless Stem Adjustment
- Moving the Saddle 101
- Handlebar Rotation
- Foot / Shoe/ Cleat Adjustment Basics
- Thru Axle Skewers + Mounting / Leveling the Bike
- Bike Inspection 101
- Toe Clips --> Clip-Less
- The Inter-Connectivity of Bike Fit
Level 3: Clinical Presentation + Bike Fit Correlations- Deciphering a rider's pains/screening, and clinical correlations to one's Bike Fit
- Clinical Bike Fit Intake + Waiver Form
- 'Off The Bike' Client ROM Screen
- Calf Pain + Cleat Considerations
- Lower Back Pain + Bike Fit
- Hand Tingling + Numbness with Cycling
- Neck Pain and Cycling
- Knee Pain and Cycling
- Hip + 'Saddle Area' Symptoms and Cycling
Level 4: Clinical Bike Fitting- Where the rubber meets the road in performing Bike Fit - a complete how-tp breakdown to the process
- The 60min Physio Bike Fit Formula
- Clinical Bike Fit Principles: Full Suspension Mountain Bike
- Clinical Bike Fit Principles: Commuter/City Bike
- Documentation of Bike Fit for the Physiotherapist
Together, let's grow the Bike Friendly Physiotherapy Revolution and help more riders experience the joys of pain-free cycling!